By Marc Van De Mieroop
- Integrates the main updated study, and incorporates a richer number of supplementary materials
- Addresses the big variety of political, social, and cultural advancements within the historical close to East
- Updated positive factors comprise new “Key Debate” containers on the finish of every bankruptcy to interact scholars with a number of views on a number of serious matters; a accomplished timeline of occasions; and forty six new illustrations, together with 12 colour photos
- Features a brand new bankruptcy addressing governance and continuity within the area throughout the Persian Empire
- Offers in-depth, available discussions of key texts and resources, together with the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh
Read or Download A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
During this daring new interpretation of the origins of historical Rome's in another country empire, Dr Burton charts the impression of the psychology, language and gestures linked to the Roman suggestion of amicitia, or 'friendship'. The ebook demanding situations the present orthodox chilly War-era realist interpretation of Roman imperialism and argues that language and beliefs contributed simply as a lot to Roman empire-building as army muscle.
This significant other quantity bargains fifteen unique essays at the Hellenistic international and is meant to enrich and complement common histories of the interval from Alexander the nice to Kleopatra VII of Egypt. each one bankruptcy treats a unique point of the Hellenistic international - faith, philosophy, kin, economic system, fabric tradition, and army campaigns, between different issues.
Persephones gestohlene GeschichteDie Historie der Frauen in einer neuen Sicht Vor- und Frühgeschichte, ReligionsgeschichteDie archäologischen Funde der verschiedenen Steinzeiten und der Antike zeigen, dass den Ursippen Alteuropas und des Vorderen Orients eine Matrone vorgestanden hat, denn es gibt quick nur Funde weiblicher Muttergottheiten aus den Steinzeiten.
Town of Erbil, which now claims to be one of many oldest regularly inhabited towns on the earth, lies at the wealthy alluvial plains on the foot of the piedmont of the Zagros mountains in a strategic place which from the earliest instances made it a usual gateway among Iran and Mesopotamia. in the context of historic Mesopotamian civilisation there may be doubtless that it'll were essentially the most very important city centres.
- Empire and Ideology in the Graeco-Roman World: Selected Papers
- Kommentar: Band I. Faszikel 2 (Sammlung Wissenschaftlicher Commentare (Swc)) (German Edition)
- Penser et représenter le corps dans l'Antiquité (Histoire) (French Edition)
- Die archaischen Metopen von Selinunt (German Edition)
- The Roman Family in the Empire: Rome, Italy, and Beyond
Additional resources for A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Ancient Near East, ca. 3000-323 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by Marc Van De Mieroop